IS THERE A REGISTRATION FEE/DONATION?
- No. Registration is free.
IS THERE A FUNDRAISING MINIMUM?
- No. Participants are encouraged to raise $100 ($30 for kids age 17 and under) and more. You will receive recognition gifts when you meet certain milestones.
HOW CAN I PARTICIPATE IN THE STEP OUT?
- You can join a local event or walk in your neighborhood. Invite your friends, family and colleagues to join you for a walk. You can register as a virtual participant for any of our events.
CAN MY CHILD PARTICIPATE WITH ME?
- Absolutely! Youth 17 years old or younger, who raise $30 or more, receive recognition gifts at varying levels.
WHAT IS STEP OUT WALK TO STOP DIABETES®?
- For over 30 years, Step Out Walk to Stop Diabetes has served as the American Diabetes Association’s signature engagement and walk fundraising event that promotes our mission and healthy living.
- Step Out has held strong support from the business community including sponsorship and corporate teams; engages families and individuals who are passionate about our mission and want to impact the lives of those living with diabetes.
- Step Out events raise funding for research, advocacy and education to support the mission of the ADA.
WHAT IS THE PARTICIPANT CENTER?
- Once registered, you’ll have access to a Participant Center (your personalized fundraising hub). The Participant Center is full of resources and tools to ensure you reach your fundraising and engagement goals:
- Build your personal webpage
- Send an email to request donations and invite others to join the team
- Download the mobile app
- Start an easy fundraiser on Facebook
HOW DO I CHANGE MY FUNDRAISING GOAL?
- Want to set the bar a little higher? Log in to your Step Out Participant Center. Just below your progress bar, you will see a link to enter your new goal.
HOW CAN I SEE WHO HAS DONATED TO ME?
- Log in to your Step Out Participant Center and click "Progress”, you’ll be able to view your donor list and their contributions.
- You’ll receive an email every time someone donates.
I FORGOT MY USERNAME AND PASSWORD TO MY PARTICIPANT CENTER.
- Remember that your username and password are case sensitive. If needed, you can also retrieve your username and password. Our system will send an email with your username and password to the email address you used to register.
- Still having a problem. Please contact the local staff. If you create a new account, you will not be able to see your previous event information (i.e., donations, saved email templates, team rosters, etc.) so we recommend reactivating your previous account.
HOW DO I CHANGE MY USERNAME OR PASSWORD?
- Forgot your password, reset your password now.
- Go to your Step Out Participant Center and look at the far right of the screen. Under your name you will see a link to "My Profile", from there you can change your contact information, email address, username and password.
WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN MAKING MY PERSONAL WEBPAGE PRIVATE VS PUBLIC?
- By default, every personal page is public, meaning your name is searchable on the website for those interested in donating on your behalf.
- Setting your personal page to private means your name will not appear in the participant search function. Only people you invite with your unique personal page link will be able to support you.
IS MY INFORMATION SECURE?
- Information security is our priority. We use industry-standard SSL encryption techniques to make sure your credit card information, passwords, and personal information travel securely over the Internet.
- We have also installed an encryption engine on our database server, so your data is securely stored.
HOW IS MY CREDIT CARD INFORMATION HANDLED?
- Credit card information is not stored in our database. During the donation process, we send your credit card information to an online processing terminal using a secure connection. The information passed back is an approval or denial for the credit card donation.
HOW MANY PEOPLE FORM A TEAM?
- Teams come in all sizes, and members can be of all different skill levels—it only takes two people to get started, and five or more people to make a full virtual team.
CAN MY COMPANY TEAM INCLUDE MORE THAN EMPLOYEES?
- Yes! Successful company teams engage not only employees but their family, friends, associates, clients, vendors. Does your company offer matching gifts? They are a quick and easy way to reach individual fundraising requirements.
- Look for our team captain guide in your participant center or on the fundraising toolkit page for information for team recruitment strategies and fundraising tips.
I AM A TEAM CAPTAIN. HOW CAN I SEE WHO IS ON MY TEAM?
- Log in to your Step Out Participant Center using your username and password.
- Click on "Team Progress" to view your team roster and the amounts raised by each team member.
- As a Team Captain, you will be automatically set-up to receive notifications when any person joins your team via email.
CHECK AND CASH DONATIONS (OFFLINE DONATIONS) Fundraising
I RECEIVED A DONATION VIA CASH/CHECK. HOW DO I MAKE MY PARTICIPANT CENTER REFLECT THESE "OFFLINE" DONATIONS?
- Log in to your Step Out Participant Center; go to the "Enter Offline Gifts" section; enter the donation information and be sure to click "Save."
- We encourage you to enter your offline donations so that your fundraising status is reflective of your actual total raised towards your fundraising goal.
WHERE CAN I MAIL (CASH/CHECKS)?
American Diabetes Association
ATTN: 2023 Step Out: Nationwide
PO Box 7023
Merrifield, VA 22116
WHERE CAN I FIND A RECEIPT TO GIVE MY DONOR WHO GAVE ME AN OFFLINE DONATION (CASH/CHECKS)? Fundraising
- Print and fill out one of the receipts in this downloadable document (Adobe PDF file).
- All online donors receive a receipt via email.