Step Out Walk to Stop Diabetes® is celebrating its 30th Anniversary—and you’re invited!
This year’s Step Out will offer a virtually enhanced year-round experience full of new challenges designed to inspire your commitment to our mission and get you physically moving!
Our virtual celebratory event day will provide a transformed experience you don’t want to miss! We will honor those living with diabetes and bring together thousands nationwide in a fun and exciting new way.
We can’t wait to share how our Step Out Walk to Stop Diabetes 30th anniversary event differs from any Step Out experience you’ve had. Please visit your local event page for more event details.
Virtual Day of Event Program: Tune in to the Step Out: Garden State program at 8:30 AM EST on Saturday, May 22nd. Please join us here.
Mobile App: A lot of the Step Out action takes place on our mobile app! If you haven’t done so already, please make sure to download it (available on Apple and Android devices) or update to the latest version today so you’ll be ready to roll!
Using the mobile app, create your own virtual Step Out map by selecting between three different course options and choosing your own distance. Then, track your walk and progress to the finish line, and unlock special mission moments along the way.
Event Photos and Social Media: Be safe while taking photos and videos, and always observe social distancing guidelines. Please follow local health regulations. Amplify our message, share your team spirit and tag us on Facebook @adastepout or Twitter @AmDiabetesAssn and use the hashtags #StepOutTurns30 #ConnectedForACure in your posts.
HOW TO BE A PART OF A VIRTUAL EVENT
1. Walk in your neighborhood or at home. Walk: locally or on a treadmill. Complete your intended distance and proudly wear red to represent the ADA! Please follow your local social distance ordinances to stay safe.
2. Share Your Why. Post on your social network WHY you are participating. Are you participating in honor or memory of someone? Are riding to encourage others to live a healthy lifestyle? It's powerful and encouraging - please share a picture, a post or a video and use the hashtags #StepOutTurns30 #Connectedforacure
3. Track and Share Your Progress. As you train for the Step Out, share your progress on Facebook, LinkedIn, or Instagram by sharing a live video and pictures. Post your fundraising goal and a link to your fundraising page, too.
4. Join Our Community! We encourage you to join our Community Facebook Group for all Step Out participants and supporters to stay connected and enjoy our virtual experience together!
5. Raise More to Raise Mission. More than ever people living with diabetes need our support. Please continue to ask friends and family for donations to support our mission and consider making a personal donation if you are able. Access your Participant Center to get started.
The Verification Code is imprinted on credit cards to help merchants verify transactions when the actual card is not present, such as Internet purchases or donations. The merchant uses this number as part of the authorization process with the card issuer.
Please use the images below to locate the verification code for your card type.
Visa, Master Card, and Discover
The verification code for Visa, Master Card, and Discover is a 3-digit number printed on the back of your card. It appears after the account number or last 4-digits of your account number, in the signature panel.
The American Express verification code is a 4-digit number printed on the front of your card. It appears above and to the right of the embossed account number.
CREATE a new team
Become a captain of a new team.
JOIN a team
Join a team already registered for this event.
REGISTER as an individual
Participate without associating with a team.
You can create a team either through the "Register" button above where you'll first find the nearby event or by visiting the list of events associated with national company below.
Do not forget to associate your newly created team with this company.