Thank you for participating with us in the 2022 Tour de Cure®: Nationwide. Your support of the American Diabetes Association® for this virtual event means a lot to us! Your fundraising is making a significant contribution to the mission of the American Diabetes Association.
There is still time for you to earn exclusive recognition gifts when you meet and exceed your fundraising goals to support our mission. It’s our way of saying thank you!
Your fundraising page will be live through October 17th. Today, take a moment to send out one more request for donations over email, text, or social media. Share your favorite moments from our celebration, how participating in Tour de Cure has impacted you, or why finding a cure for diabetes is so important to you.
When fundraising closes on October 17th, participants who have raised $250 or more will receive their Tour de Cure t-shirt in the mail. Participants who raise $500 or more will receive an email with a certificate code to choose a “thank you” gift that will be shipped to them. Check out all our awesome recognition choices HERE.
Is there a fundraising minimum?
- Participants who would like a 2022 Tour de Cure: Nationwide (Virtual) T-shirt are required to raise $250 ($50 for youth 17 and under).
- Virtual participants will receive recognition gifts when you meet certain milestones. All recognition gifts for the Tour de Cure: Nationwide will be mailed to participants homes.
- Need some help getting started? Our Fundraising Toolkit has tips and tricks to boost your fundraising, including our mobile app and Facebook Fundraiser!
How can I participate in the Tour de Cure?
- In 2022 Tour de Cure: Natiownide is virtually. You can participate with 2022 Tour de Cure: Nationwide (Virtual) virtually from the comfort of your own home or neighborhood. You can start or join a team or participate as an individual. Members of a team do not have to choose the same activity or route. Take your first step and register today.
Can my child participate with me?
- Yes, but you or an appointed adult guardian must always remain with the minor (under age 18). If participating, the minor is also responsible for fundraising and is required to wear a helmet. Please use your best judgment based on the skill and maturity level of your child. Children who are in strollers or bike carriers need not be registered and are not required to meet any fundraising minimum. You will still have to fill out an Emergency Information Form for them at registration.
What is Tour de Cure?
- For 31 years, Tour de Cure has served as the American Diabetes Association’s signature cycling and fundraising event that promotes our mission and healthy living.
- Tour de Cure has held strong support from the business community, including sponsorship and corporate teams, engages families and individuals who are passionate about our mission and want to impact the lives of those living with diabetes.
- Tour de Cure events raise funding for research, advocacy, and education to support the mission of the ADA.
How many people form a team?
- The more, the merrier! Teams should strive to include five or more individuals. There is no limit as to how large a team can be.
Why be a part of a team if the fundraising minimums are individual?
- Teams have more fun! They compete with other teams, and they can earn team tents to hang out in during the festival and much more. Many teams do extra things like team training rides, team shirts or jerseys and team fundraising.
- Company teams are a great way to create camaraderie among employees while getting healthy and creating a presence in the community.
Can my company team include more than employees?
- Yes! Successful company teams enroll employees, family, friends, associates, clients, vendors, etc. The team is for everyone connected to your company in some way. Check with your employer as to whether there are any restrictions. Also, check with your employer about whether matching gifts might be available for team participants.
- Look for our team captain guide in your participant center or on the fundraising toolkit page for team recruitment strategies and fundraising tips.
I am a team captain. How can I see who is on my team?
- Log in to your Tour de Cure Participant Center using your username and password.
- Click on "Team Progress" to view your team roster and the amounts raised by each team member.
- As a Team Captain, you will be automatically set-up to receive notifications when any person joins your team via email.
What is the Participant Center?
- Once registered, you’ll have access to a Participant Center (your personalized fundraising hub). The Participant Center is full of resources and tools to ensure you reach your fundraising and engagement goals:
- Build your personal webpage
- Send an email to request donations and invite others to join the team
- Download the mobile app
- Start an easy fundraiser on Facebook
- Access our Fundraising Toolkit
How do I change my fundraising goal?
- Want to set the bar a little higher? Log in to your Tour de Cure Participant Center. Just below your progress bar, you will see a link to enter your new goal.
How can I see who has donated to me?
- Log in to your Tour de Cure Participant Center and click "Progress”, you’ll be able to view your donor list and their contributions.
- You’ll receive an email every time someone donates.
I forgot my username and password to my Participant Center.
- Remember that your username and password are case sensitive. If needed, you can also retrieve your username and password. Our system will send an email with your username and password to the email address you used to register.
- Sill having a problem. Please contact the local staff. If you create a new account, you will not see your previous event information (i.e., donations, saved email templates, team rosters, etc.). Your local staff can help reactivate your previous account.
How do I change my username or password?
- Forgot your password? Reset your password now.
- Go to your Tour de Cure Participant Center and look at the far right of the screen. Under your name you will see a link to "My Profile", from there you can change your contact information, email address, username and password.
What is the difference between making my personal webpage private vs public?
- By default, every personal page is public, meaning your name is searchable on the website for those interested in donating on your behalf.
- Setting your personal page to private means your name will not appear in the participant search function. Only people you invite with your unique personal page link will be able to support you.
- Pages for youth 17 and under are automatically set to private. We strongly recommend setting up a vanity URL for these accounts.
Is my information secure?
- Information security is our priority. We use industry-standard SSL encryption techniques to make sure your credit card information, passwords, and personal information travel securely over the Internet.
- We have also installed an encryption engine on our database server so your data is securely stored.
How is my credit card information handled?
- Credit card information is not stored in our database. During the donation process, we send your credit card information to an online processing terminal using a secure connection. The information passed back is an approval or denial for the credit card donation.
Check and Cash Donations (Offline Donations)
I received a donation via cash/check. How do I make my Participant Center reflect these “offline” donations?
- Log in to your Tour de Cure Participant Center; go to the "Enter Offline Gifts" section; enter the donation information and be sure to click "Save."
- We encourage you to enter your offline donations so that your fundraising status reflects your actual total raised towards your fundraising goal.
Where can I mail (cash/checks)?
American Diabetes Assocation
ATTN: Local Office Attention: Nationwide
PO Box 7023
Merrifield, VA 22116
Where can I find a receipt to give my donor who gave me an offline donation (cash/checks)?
- Print and fill out one of the receipts in this downloadable document (Adobe PDF file).
- All online donors receive a receipt via email.