Step Out Walk to Stop Diabetes® is celebrating its 30th Anniversary—and you’re invited!
Join the American Diabetes Association® (ADA) at the 2021 Step Out: Heartland for an engaging and inspirational day, which will connect us virtually wherever we are. You can invite family, friends and co-workers to join virtually to participate on Step Out day or ask them to donate to help you reach your goal.
Virtual Day of Event Details: Tune in Live at 8am EST on any of the following Facebook Page’s or live on YouTube:
Kansas City: @adakansascity
South Dakota: @ADASDakota
Mobile App: A lot of the Step Out action takes place on our mobile app! If you haven’t done so already, please make sure to download it (available on Apple and Android devices) or update to the latest version today so you’ll be ready to roll!
Using the mobile app, create your own virtual Step Out map by selecting between three different course options and choosing your own distance. Then, track your walk and progress to the finish line, and unlock special mission moments along the way.
HOW TO BE A PART OF A VIRTUAL EVENT
1. Walk in your neighborhood or at home. Walk: locally or on a treadmill. Complete your intended distance and proudly wear red to represent the ADA! Please follow your local social distance ordinances to stay safe.
2. Share Your Why. Post on your social network WHY you are participating. Are you participating in honor or memory of someone? Are walking to encourage others to live a healthy lifestyle? It's powerful and encouraging - please share a picture, a post or a video and use the hashtags #StepOutTurns30 #Connectedforacure.
3. Track and Share Your Progress. As you train for the Step Out, share your progress on Facebook, LinkedIn, or Instagram by sharing a live video and pictures. Post your fundraising goal and a link to your fundraising page, too.
4. Join Our Community! We encourage you to join our Community Facebook Group for all Step Out participants and supporters to stay connected and enjoy our virtual experience together!
5. Raise More to Raise Mission. More than ever people living with diabetes need our support. Please continue to ask friends and family for donations to support our mission and consider making a personal donation if you are able. Access your Participant Center to get started.
Event Photos and Social Media:
Be safe while taking photos and videos, and always observe social distancing guidelines. Please follow local health regulations. Amplify our message, share your team spirit and tag us on Facebook @adastepout or Twitter @AmDiabetesAssn and use the hashtags #STEPOUTTURNS30 #CONNECTEDFORACURE in your posts.
Whether you’re new to Step Out or a 30-year veteran, we’ve got what you need to succeed in our Fundraising Toolkit!
The Verification Code is imprinted on credit cards to help merchants verify transactions when the actual card is not present, such as Internet purchases or donations. The merchant uses this number as part of the authorization process with the card issuer.
Please use the images below to locate the verification code for your card type.
Visa, Master Card, and Discover
The verification code for Visa, Master Card, and Discover is a 3-digit number printed on the back of your card. It appears after the account number or last 4-digits of your account number, in the signature panel.
The American Express verification code is a 4-digit number printed on the front of your card. It appears above and to the right of the embossed account number.
CREATE a new team
Become a captain of a new team.
JOIN a team
Join a team already registered for this event.
REGISTER as an individual
Participate without associating with a team.
You can create a team either through the "Register" button above where you'll first find the nearby event or by visiting the list of events associated with national company below.
Do not forget to associate your newly created team with this company.