Tour de Cure® is celebrating its 30th Anniversary—and you’re invited!
This year’s Tour de Cure will offer a virtually enhanced year-round experience full of new challenges designed to inspire your commitment to our mission and get you physically moving!
Our virtual celebratory event day will provide a transformed experience you don’t want to miss! We will honor those living with diabetes and bring together thousands nationwide in a fun and exciting new way.
We can’t wait to share how our Tour de Cure 30th anniversary event differs from any Tour experience you’ve had. Please visit your local event page for more event details.
Virtual Day of Event Program: Tune in to the Tour de Cure: Chicagoland's program at 8:00 AM CT on September 26th. Join us live on BrandLive.
Mobile App: A lot of the Tour de Cure action takes place on our mobile app! If you haven’t done so already, please make sure to download it (available on Apple and Android devices) or update to the latest version today so you’ll be ready to roll!
Using the mobile app, create your own virtual Tour de Cure map by selecting between three different course options and choosing your own distance. Then, track your ride and progress to the finish line, and unlock special mission moments along the way.
Event Photos and Social Media: Be safe while taking photos and videos, and always observe social distancing guidelines. Please follow local health regulations. Amplify our message, share your team spirit and tag us on Facebook @ADAIllinois or Instagram @ada_Illinois and use the hashtags #TourTurns30 #ConnectedForACure in your posts. Check out our Social Media feed here.
HOW TO BE A PART OF A VIRTUAL EVENT
1. Ride in your neighborhood or at home. Ride: locally or on a treadmill. Complete your intended distance and proudly wear red to represent the ADA! Please follow your local social distance ordinances to stay safe.
2. Share Your Why. Post on your social network WHY you are participating. Are you participating in honor or memory of someone? Are riding to encourage others to live a healthy lifestyle? It's powerful and encouraging - please share a picture, a post or a video and use the hashtags #TourTurns30 #Connectedforacure.
3. Track and Share Your Progress. As you train for the Tour de Cure, share your progress on Facebook, LinkedIn, or Instagram by sharing a live video and pictures. Post your fundraising goal and a link to your fundraising page, too.
4. Join Our Community! We encourage you to join our Community Facebook Group for all Tour de Cure participants and supporters to stay connected and enjoy our virtual experience together!
5. Raise More to Raise Mission. More than ever people living with diabetes need our support. Please continue to ask friends and family for donations to support our mission and consider making a personal donation if you are able. Access your Participant Center to get started.
To send donations please mail checks payable to the American Diabetes Association to:
ATTN: ADA IL – Tour de Cure
PO Box 7023
Merrifield, VA 22116
The American Diabetes Association® and the Chicagoland Tour de Cure® team will be launching the Wellness Village Virtual Series the week of September 20th-25th, 2021. This is a comprehensive and robust social media campaign that will provide wellness tips, diabetes information, and resources to the diabetes community. Our sponsors will be joining us to impact our community by helping us spread diabetes awareness and information on products relevant to people living with diabetes. Please join us during the Wellness Village Series week as we roll into day of event on Sunday, September 26!
Thank you Meijer for being the Virtual Chicagoland Tour de Cure Kids Zone Sponsor!
The Verification Code is imprinted on credit cards to help merchants verify transactions when the actual card is not present, such as Internet purchases or donations. The merchant uses this number as part of the authorization process with the card issuer.
Please use the images below to locate the verification code for your card type.
Visa, Master Card, and Discover
The verification code for Visa, Master Card, and Discover is a 3-digit number printed on the back of your card. It appears after the account number or last 4-digits of your account number, in the signature panel.
The American Express verification code is a 4-digit number printed on the front of your card. It appears above and to the right of the embossed account number.
CREATE a new team
Become a captain of a new team.
JOIN a team
Join a team already registered for this event.
REGISTER as an individual
Participate without associating with a team.
You can create a team either through the "Register" button above where you'll first find the nearby event or by visiting the list of events associated with national company below.
Do not forget to associate your newly created team with this company.