Welcome to my Tour de Cure page!
Our 2022 Tour de Cure is scheduled for October 2nd., We are excited to return to our in-person event in the heart of Sonoma County's Wine Country.
Although I won't be riding I am still a participant committed to helping raise our goal of $1,100,000+ on behalf of 37 million Americans with diabetes and another 96 million at risk because they have prediabetes.
Help Me Reach My Goal!
When you donate you:
- Help advocate for affordable insulin, medications and technology that people with diabetes need to thrive.
- Help further our HealthEquityNow work to provide disadvantaged people who suffer more from diabetes and lack of access to adequate medical care with the tools and opportunities they need to improve their health.
- Provide youth with type 1 diabetes an opportunity to attend summer camp to improve their diabetes management skills and habits
- Educate youth at risk of type 2 diabetes an opportunity to participate in our Project Power camps. In Northern California we have had spcial success in providing this program to youth at risk in underserved Latino communities.
- Provide forums for us to educate health care professionals about the current Standards of Care developed by the ADA.
- Fund groundbreaking research for type 1, type 2, gestational diabetes and prediabetes.
- Provide access to community programs and free resources such as our 1-800-DIABETES Call Center whose trained and dedicated staff work hard to help people calling for help and resources this year than ever before.
- Provide emergency diabetes supplies and insulin to people who have lost their homes due to devastating hurricanes, wildfires, floods and other declared disasters.
Please support me if you are able and willing. Thank you for helping me wage the fight to 'bend the curve' on our national diabetes epidemic.
I hope you are well and thank you for your consideration..
P.S. If you prefer to send a check rather than donate online, please note my home address: 5838 Kittyhawk Place, Rohnert Park, CA 94928.